Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectLast week Florida. This week THEY GAININ ON YA Texas!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12689462
12689462, Last week Florida. This week THEY GAININ ON YA Texas!
Posted by deejboram, Sun Jan-04-15 10:45 AM
http://texasformarriage.org/

THE CAMPAIGN

Texas for Marriage is a broad, diverse public education campaign to amplify the bipartisan momentum for the freedom to marry in the state of Texas. The campaign, led by Freedom to Marry in partnership with Equality Texas, will work to broaden the conversation about why marriage matters to all couples and their families.

The campaign comes weeks ahead of an oral argument before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit reviews DeLeon v. Perry, a legal case in which a federal judge declared Texas laws denying the freedom to marry to same-sex couples (and prohibiting in-state respect for marriages legally performed in other states) unconstitutional.

While the litigation in the state weaves its way through the appellate system, Texas for Marriage will grow the grassroots network of people throughout the state – including business leaders, people of faith, conservatives, First Responders, and everyday Texans – who are committed to ensuring this basic freedom is soon available to everyone in the state.
12689614, Believe it or not, I'm all for gays marrying in every SOTU
Posted by deejboram, Sun Jan-04-15 03:55 PM
I was watching this commercial in the kitchen yesterday as my aunt was making banana pudding and she was spitting soooooo much fire and venom bout them folks being allowed to marry in Florida and it (possibly) coming to Texas.

She don't know I'm on the other team.
Crazy thing is her grandson (my cousin) is gay.
BIG OL flame.
I aint seen that dude in literally 20 years but soon as I seen him and his arched eyebrows complimenting his arched back I was like YERP!
I guess she think he not since he got a kid.
But I LOL at that.

I give it three years before gays can marry in Texas