Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectthey also did a black/white/red/silver, white/green and wht/blk/blue pair
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12687483&mesg_id=12689773
12689773, they also did a black/white/red/silver, white/green and wht/blk/blue pair
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Sun Jan-04-15 09:10 PM
i would love to find the white/green again, those were very limited for some reason. kind of like the white/black/green uptempo 97. they had the same color schemes, essentially, uptempo was the clunky big man's shoe and the mz3 was the flimsy guard's shoe for that season. funny how far performance stuff has come, though there were some great shoes from that period, too.

ZF96 was cool, very cushy. i liked the zoom turf and the zoom challenge more. when are they going to reissue the zoom challenge, the ZC II, the zoom pounce and the zoom assailant? classic fucking agassis. i got some assailants recently for cheap, $55 each! they werent my size though so i just pocketed the money (2 bills each).

i liked the zoom flight 96 but they breathed very, very poorly. i had the three OG pairs, then the "supreme" pair when they were retroed, and those were even stuffier. i noticed they are continuing the annoying trend of releasing only kinda sorta OG colors. they had some royal/white/red ones that looked good but i saw nike killed them (over some weird fuss with allen iverson's people no less). i think there is some black/purple pair, maybe those will be cool.

those and the trainer max 94 are destined for the outlets, i wouldnt pay over $60 for either. i like the trainer max but find the quality to be so shitty on these football reissues (and hoops too i guess). the hybrids are OK, hoping the bo jax are decent in person. i got those lunar trainer 180s, eh, pretty junky, just dumped them before even rocking them.

i just feel like there is a disposable feel to so many of these retros and mash-ups.

those new pippen shoes have a little potential. the lil penny and the most recent barkleyposites were godawful.

i wish jordan would put out more xx9s with the big ass jumpman. that is a good shoe, i have been fucking around in those on this vacation. nice tread, great forefoot setup.