Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectYou sound like me. The Z3 Compact is what I wanted to begin with
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12686796&mesg_id=12688981
12688981, You sound like me. The Z3 Compact is what I wanted to begin with
Posted by spenzalii, Fri Jan-02-15 06:14 PM
But there's no carrier that has it, and I couldn't swing buying it up front. If I could, I would have months ago. So far, I'm digging the Z3, extra size and all. Don't really need many of Sony's apps or setup, but using the Google Now launcher does the trick for me.

The phone itself is one sexy slab. It feels great and has a nice weight to it. The glass panels are a gift and a curse, as they make the phone look and feel great, but it does make it a bit slippery, smudges are the norm and there's the extra fear of dropping it and shattering everything (then again, that goes for any glass backed phone). Charging is interesting. You can use the USB, but you have to pop the cover every time. There is a magnetic charging setup, but the cable or adapter isn't provided (at least not with the T-Mo version). But they are easy enough to find on Amazon.

The phone only has GSM radios, so it will either be AT&T or T-Mobile (or a prepaid that does GSM). Not many people seem to have a Sony phone, so feel free to ask me anything about it.