Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjecthe's a slow ass LB who apparently isn't good on STs. THATS
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12685269&mesg_id=12685590
12685590, he's a slow ass LB who apparently isn't good on STs. THATS
Posted by poetx, Sun Dec-28-14 04:55 PM
the thing that kills his ability to make a team. if you are a light in the ass defensive end, you can maybe play STs and get some burn as a situational pass rusher.

but if you are too small to play on the line. and too slow to play linebacker. wtf are teams gonna do with you? an aging slow ass linebacker may play on 1st and 2nd down because they've demonstrated savvy or leadership or some intangible shit that mitigates their physical shortcomings.

but a bottom of the roster type cat has GOT to be able to play special teams. there aren't too many slow players who are not linemen who stick around with marginal skills.

>That weren't that good that made it further than Sam. I think
>Sam was given a fair shot ( although I do think teams not
>wanting to deal with the added attention of a gay player lead
>to him being drafted lower than he should have and probably
>some anti-gay sentiment in there as well) but he didn't show
>and prove enuff to make the Rams squad or move from the
>Cowboys PS plus the fact that he was going out of his way to
>soak up all the media attention I'm sure didn't help his case

the circus shit certainly ain't help him. i think his shot w/ dallas was prolly fair. nobody was really talking about him like that on them. their defense was decimated. but they just got finished starting a rookie in their last game at MLB.

>But to insinuate hes worst than some of the other duds in the
>league is a bit off the mark

its some bum ass mfers in the league, true. i should have mentioned that backup qbs are the other position where you can be slow as fuck and not contribute on ST.

>He sealed his own fate yes but a lot of other duds got further

the media did concoct a lot of this nonsense. like they did with tebow. granted, very different situations, but it wasn't too long ago where fans (largely evangelicals who has 'annointed the broncos') were demanding that tebow start and causing mad headaches.

the risks were nowhere near what the media made them out to be (players don't give a fuck, they'll have your back if you winning and they all getting money). but the rewards were really miniscule, too.

this is why damn near everyone but the most dysfunctional nfl franchises decline to host Hard Knocks. the league is hard enough w/o no unnecessary bullshit.

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

=========================================
I'm an advocate for working smarter, not harder. If you just
focus on working hard you end up making someone else rich and
not having much to show for it. (c) mad