Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectAlso this generation is not going to have pension and social security
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12684132&mesg_id=12684184
12684184, Also this generation is not going to have pension and social security
Posted by sixteenstone, Wed Dec-24-14 04:35 PM
like our parents. I mean they are really cleaning up. I know multiple people who are getting like $8,000 a month in pensions.
Knowing that you have those securities when you get older also inspires confidence in buying. Right now retiring doesn't seem like an option.
So I feel like before you can even get to managing the little bit of coins you can manage to scrape up, your mindset has to be there.

I did not come from a household that knew a damn thing about money. We always struggled to make it.
Luckily my husband comes from a family that knew everything about building wealth and passed info down.
We will be buying next year. But trust me, it will be in the hood. Real estate in Brooklyn is ridiculous.
But this is our home for almost 10 years, so leaving is not on the table. Quality of life trumps cheaper real estate.