Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectRE: He is right because thing have never been this suppressed and
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12683849&mesg_id=12684647
12684647, RE: He is right because thing have never been this suppressed and
Posted by Musa, Fri Dec-26-14 12:19 AM
>How is this when music is basically free now

If I put you in a library and tell you to find the great books without any kind of card catalog( electronic or card) how will you find your way? I literally spend hours looking for music why because I'm a digger and as an artist I know I ain't the only guy out their that is on point but getting no play.

>>Black people in the USA have never been this delusional,
>>disconnected and caught up in the media myth.
>
>Yes and this is most unfortunate

So if you are delusional about your own culture and creation how can you determine classic from garbage?

> a lot of old heads that grew up on jazz and Motown or classic
>rock said the same things about hip hop when it first started
>and we still are listening

Hip Hop evolved from the pre 1985 style of rap and production. I think the production has evolved but in the mainstream niggas are creating EDM and old 90s beats like it something new with a synthesizer here or there. Its not new or innovated its a rehash of a rehash.

>The thing is the people who will be determining classics 20
>years from now are the ones growing up on this music and
>loving it now.

The people growing up listening to this shit don't even like songs that were popular a year ago. The entire concept of appreciating music is gone from the under 25 generation who looks at music like a cheap commodity and background decoration.