Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subject"It's sad, but this generation has no musical classics." (c) Old Head
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12683849&mesg_id=12683849
12683849, "It's sad, but this generation has no musical classics." (c) Old Head
Posted by Case_One, Wed Dec-24-14 10:17 AM
I was talking to an Old Head last Sunday while I was eating and watching the Game (Falcons vs. Saints) at Buffalo Wild Wings. And somehow the conversation turned from sports to music. Anyway, the Old Head hit me with a comment about the current state of music and dude said, "It's sad, but this generation has no musical classics."

He was talking about how 80's and 90's Rap sampled those good Funk and R&B classics of the 60's and 70's (some 80's) to help make Hip-Hop hits. He was cool with that because Rap in the 80-90's was new to some, but the rap music from those eras helped to create Rap Classics - built on a foundation of true R&B classics. But he said, this current generation is assed-out because they have NO Classics due to the fact that the current sate of RAP is So Awful and the R&B is even worst. He was going on (i have to agree) about how today's R&B has no substance, style, or class - it all fell off in the late 90's.

Do you agree or disagree?

"America, stop turning our Court Houses of Justice into Dens for Justified Murderers."