Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectJanet is the weakest link in the movie.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12682868&mesg_id=12682887
12682887, Janet is the weakest link in the movie.
Posted by ZooTown74, Tue Dec-23-14 02:37 AM
Which is a problem, because it's her story. I don't know where I heard/read it, but I agreed with whomever said if you put Regina King in the lead, you have a much better movie, because Regina's much more believable in the role. And you're right, it wasn't a bad movie, just a good movie with a bad lead actress. And Tupac was superb as the total babyface (not the singer), with Joe Torry... well... Joe Torrying.

And I gave/give John major points for making, at the time, an ambitious second movie, especially since everyone wanted More Boyz in the Hood and he decided to go left and give us this... at the time, I remember Zoo Town niggas clowning the movie on opening night, mainly because of the Boyz thing, and also because most of them didn't know who Maya Angelou was, and also didn't have any sort of appreciation for poetry, so when those voiced-over poems dropped in, lots of the audience groaned and laughed.

________________________________________________________________________________
Niggas made aliases.