Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectRare? Absolutely not. This shit is common as fuck.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12679499&mesg_id=12679715
12679715, Rare? Absolutely not. This shit is common as fuck.
Posted by Cold Truth, Thu Dec-18-14 02:20 PM
>i'm probably in the minority on this but i don't think these
>cops are walking around looking to murder innocent black men
>who are minding their business

The continued killing of unarmed black men is perhaps the most glaring example of this culture of abuse. Officers who abuse their power is a much broader issue that encompasses a wide variety of offenses and transcends color lines.

>chances are these dudes ain't compiling with reasonable
>requests and maybe even being aggressive/criminal and cops are
>using too much force

Nah. What constitutes a reasonable request based on a given situation?

Asking for I.D might be considered a "reasonable request, but often enough it's asked for in a situation that does not lawfully require the citizen to comply. Cops tend to dislike their authority challenged in any way, and that's a problem.

There are plenty of cops caught on tape being asked very simple questions:

Do you suspect me of committing a crime?
If so, what crime?

I’ve seen several videos where the answer is “that’s what I’m trying to find out.”

Well, that’s fishing. That’s throwing shit at a wall to see what sticks. That’s playing the odds and hoping to come across a warrant or something. It’s not really the cop “just doing his/her job”.

Recently, a woman was recording an officer outside of her own home because the officer was running her plates. The officer snatched the phone and deleted the recording. She told the woman she didn’t need probable cause to run the plates. It was some “because I can!” shit, and that’s basically an attempt to manufacture a problem. Fortunately, the woman recovered the file and action was taken against the officer.
This is NOT rare.

Cops lying through their teeth about a situation only for videotaped evidence to appear that decidedly disagrees with the officers version of events isn’t all that rare. With videotaped evidence mounting that clearly shows these pigs abusing their power in such ways, just think of all the moments a camera wasn’t there, wasn’t working, or was simply suppressed.