Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectOh, and as far as I'm concerned, you take the bait? That's on you
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12679202&mesg_id=12679347
12679347, Oh, and as far as I'm concerned, you take the bait? That's on you
Posted by Cold Truth, Thu Dec-18-14 10:28 AM
Let’s talk about “bait”.

If, for example, a pretty woman sits by you at the bar, strikes up a conversation, invites you back to her place, and you show up to get robbed/murdered/what have you?

No, that’s not on you. You (presumably) didn’t have malicious intent. Perhaps you should have been a bit more careful in your eagerness to bed a pretty girl, but outside of questionable judgment, that’s “bait” that wasn’t inviting you to do harm.

When the “bait” entails you doing something shady, well, sucks to be you. It could very well have been someone who wasn’t setting a trap, someone who was perfectly innocent and simply forgot to close the door or whatever, and if you decide to enter someone’s home uninvited? You get zero pity from me. None whatsoever. Anyone who does that shit deserves whatever they get, because yes... whoever lives there might be a psycho and that's the risk you run doing that kind of dirt.

Obviously, someone who wants to set a trap to *catch* a crook and someone who sets a trap as an excuse to kill are two different things. Someone trying to protect his family doesn’t run around bragging about how people will see it on the news, so fuck this guy two.

Still, please excuse me for not shedding any tears for the kid.