Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectNone of this is true
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12678518&mesg_id=12678565
12678565, None of this is true
Posted by BKDominican, Wed Dec-17-14 03:10 PM
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I understand that urban legends are part of the game in terms of black greek life, but this is not even remotely true.

When you enter and as you proceed through your process you are always reminded that you have a choice. No organization can claim to be prestigious and historic and have a rape associated with it as port of it's indoctrination.

Like I said everyone is entitled to their opinion, and I am not here to debate what anyone will swear makes sense to them (regardless of how far fetched it sounds) but I can assure you that greek life does not embrace or condone rape or sexual assault of sexual violence or any kind in any situation.

As far as being ostracized for not paying dues, not that may be what these individuals mentioned to you or anyone, but no one is ostracized for not paying dues. As a matter of fact one of the biggest challenges that black greek organizations face is not having enough members pay dues after they join.