Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectGOT Season 5 Chatter...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12677116
12677116, GOT Season 5 Chatter...
Posted by Very-Effortless, Tue Dec-16-14 02:05 PM
Anyone else signed up for "The Sight"? threeeyedraven.com

Got glimpses of Sansa, Tyrion and Cersi this past week.

Also, through the internet rabbit hole, I found some very spoilery
footage of season 5 from on set and basically, GRRM is out of time: https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=348780058634867

If you're a book reader, you know that can only be one specific scene in Mereen.

Did anyone else read A World of Ice and Fire. I've gotten through all but the last 100 or so pages that cover lands outside of Westeros. All of the history he created for the major houses is amazing. Totally worth the read if you are a big nerd over ASOIAF. Creates a lot of questions and theories based on historical evidence presented.

12677120, Is this going to be book-spoilery or not?
Posted by John Forte, Tue Dec-16-14 02:06 PM
12677134, This particular scene isn't a spoiler if you've read
Posted by Hitokiri, Tue Dec-16-14 02:12 PM
But there's a lot of speculation that this season will at times push ahead of the books.
12677181, RE: This particular scene isn't a spoiler if you've read
Posted by Numba_33, Tue Dec-16-14 02:30 PM
>But there's a lot of speculation that this season will at
>times push ahead of the books.

My memory is off in general for this show and even worse for the books since it's been a while since I've read them and I didn't like the last two, so SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER WARNING for folks that haven't read ahead, but the already pushed ahead when they showed the result of the White Walkers stealing the male children from that pervert dude in the woods, correct? I vaguely remember something involving a ton of ice last season that wasn't in the third book.

Pretty adventurous for the show to want to push ahead even more given the ton of material in the remaining two books and the fact both books occur at the same time.
12677154, The series is starting to eclipse the book
Posted by Very-Effortless, Tue Dec-16-14 02:19 PM
It happened last season for the first time when they showed The Night's King (and fucking HBO then blogged "The Night's King") which is something that hasn't happened in the books.

There are several characters who are out of book plot - Sansa and Littlefinger, Bran (for the most part). Unless they spend most of the season in Dorne, the Iron Islands and Essos - then they will have to eclipse the books for those characters.

Which leads me to believe that WOW will come out sometime early next spring so that the book readers are completely peeved at the show spoiling the books.
12677147, im out. next new GoT i take in will be WoW
Posted by cgonz00cc, Tue Dec-16-14 02:16 PM
12677149, i laughed
Posted by Jay Doz, Tue Dec-16-14 02:17 PM
Michael Pittman I will spoil this seen for everyone Jamie lannister gets a flame thrower attached to his missing hand to hell learning to fight with his left hand
12677169, yeah, I thought that was particularly hilarious.
Posted by Very-Effortless, Tue Dec-16-14 02:25 PM
12688184, does he shop s-mart?
Posted by GriftyMcgrift, Wed Dec-31-14 04:19 PM
12687848, i love A World of Ice and Fire, im not reading it as one thing tho
Posted by blkprinceMD05, Wed Dec-31-14 11:37 AM
coming back to it and jumping around as a please like how i do with the asoiaf wiki

12687866, So...maybe we will get some Iron Borne stuff as a way to eat up time?
Posted by Lardlad95, Wed Dec-31-14 11:49 AM

"All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players:
They have their exits and their entrances;
And one man in his time plays many parts..." -The Bard
12687886, I hope they do, I kno they cast the old doctor bashir from DS9 as doran
Posted by blkprinceMD05, Wed Dec-31-14 12:05 PM
Martell so the Martells will be expanded. Don't see why the grey joys and other iron islanders from the books wouldn't be included

I just fear that they will cow to their own show ambitions and the show only audience and leave a lot of great stuff and ppl out of the next few seasons

But then again I'm not one of the book readers who hated affc and adwd. I actually loved them
12688169, There needs to be a spin off show based on Oldtown
Posted by J_Stew, Wed Dec-31-14 04:00 PM
and the history of the Citadel and the Maesters, that shit would be DOPE

As well as Essos and the Summer Isles.
12688170, yesssssssssssssss, definitely
Posted by blkprinceMD05, Wed Dec-31-14 04:02 PM
12688177, IMO The Free Cities stuff is infinitely more interesting
Posted by J_Stew, Wed Dec-31-14 04:06 PM
than most of the stuff that happened on Westeros, other than the First Men dealing with the original white walkers, etc.

I want to see some shit on Asshai, all the crunk shit starts there it seems.
12688635, i love the history of volantis and braavos, would love more info
Posted by blkprinceMD05, Fri Jan-02-15 11:34 AM
on either of them, the rest im not all attached too

asshai seems very interesting after getting AWOIAF
12688591, By the way, the Telltale Games Game of Thrones point and click adventure is
Posted by Lardlad95, Fri Jan-02-15 10:12 AM
Fucking excellent. It's on multiple platforms including PC.

It's satisfying my GOT thirst, especially since it includes voice work from the actual cast.

"All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players:
They have their exits and their entrances;
And one man in his time plays many parts..." -The Bard
12688615, RE: GOT Season 5 Chatter...
Posted by murph71, Fri Jan-02-15 11:06 AM

I'm staying out of this thread....lol....This is SPOILER HAVEN....