Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectDream post... What are your most crazy/meaningful dreams
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12676239
12676239, Dream post... What are your most crazy/meaningful dreams
Posted by Sarah_Bellum, Mon Dec-15-14 06:27 PM
Every once in a while I have dreams that really stick with me. Like they're so strange and vivid and full of wtf that I can't get them off my mind.

Two nights ago I had a dream where I was in my childhood house and went to go open the back door and 3 leopards and a okapi walked in. At first I was scared like, "oh shit there are leopards in the house, I've got to get them out." Then I wasn't scared and I gently shooed them out of the house one by one.

A few years back I had a dream where I was in my first childhood apartment and I had a pimple on my face. When I popped it a whole fern frond like this http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/LPIPOD/BN9582_173-FB.jpg was stuck in there and I pulled it out. I could feel every leaf. It was very surreal.

Lastly, a few years back I had a dream that a person I hate and hadn't seen in years jumped into my car and tried to drive me into a wall. Thought it was an omen but shrugged it off. Then in real life two days later she tracked me down, showed up at my job and used my name to get the job, unfortunately my boss never checked with me. That was creepy, especially since I hadn't thought about her or seen her in ages.

Share yours.

DJTB YOMM
12676249, Let's see....
Posted by Kira, Mon Dec-15-14 07:02 PM
I had a dream last night another one of my friends had to go on the run in Canada by way of Portland. Yes, I know there are easier ways to get to Canada but dude wanted to go from Portland because it was that real.

I dropped him off in Portland by a freeway because that was his wish. His girl contacts meets me on my way back and suggests we help him avoid the Yakuza/police after him. Long story short including a battle on top of a moving bus broadcasted live over the internet, dude is allowed to flee and demands I come with him to avoid prosecution. *Sings Canadian national anthem*

---

I woke with a wife and kids in a Utah suburb and could not wake up. Thought I was dead because it was a nightmare. I had to celebrate Christmas, put up trees, and cook dinner. What is this family gathering BS about? It was too much for me and a nightmare.

---

I got into a car accident, died, and woke up after the corona finished his examination. I wound up escaping and leaving to another country.

---

One time I went on an exchange as a Masters student in Costa Rica and PILLAGED like a vandal. Basically, there was beef between us university students and the citizens there. I was humble and willing to grow versus the other students who wanted everything catered to them. They got kicked out of town but I was allowed to stay. Costa Rica was cool.

---

One more for the road:

I got lost in Oregon and was rescued by a family there. They gave me shelter and allowed me to work for them using my educational background. I wound up dating one of their daughters and being successful in that environment.
12676257, There's a lot of running and escaping in your dreams.
Posted by Sarah_Bellum, Mon Dec-15-14 07:09 PM
The one about waking up with a wife and kids,while being forced to put up Christmas decor is hilarious.

DJTB YOMM
12676274, i have vivid dreams pretty much every night.
Posted by SHAstayhighalways, Mon Dec-15-14 07:28 PM
maybe one or two nights out the week i don't remember my dreams but them other nights i remember a good chunk out of them
and they always 'seem' significant but idk what they mean or what they're trying to tell me
i have a lot of recurring themes
i also lucid dream pretty much all of the time
i feel like i need to meet with some kinda african* dream expert to figure out my life

*i hope i don't have to explain this.
12676288, Dare to share my brother or sister...
Posted by Sarah_Bellum, Mon Dec-15-14 07:39 PM

DJTB YOMM
12676874, i'm a *shug avery voice* sistaaaaaa
Posted by SHAstayhighalways, Tue Dec-16-14 12:02 PM
lol

hm. example last night i had a dream that i attended a wedding.
the focus was mainly on the reception and the attendees. i don't remember who was even getting married
not sure if they were ever shown. but much of the dream was me navigating the party
meeting and having fun conversation with random ppl and family members
my aunt (who passed away over 5 years ago) was in the dream
she had baked a few cakes. we had what felt like a meaningful conversation but
i couldn't even tell you at this point what was said but it was FELT
it was a long dream and felt more like another day in my life rather than a dream
(save for the fact that my deceased family member was in it)

i have a lot of dreams like that. that could pass for everyday life except somethings off
or different or a deceased family member is present.

i also have a lot of dreams that take place in school and i'm navigating through school
trying to get from one class to another or i'm in class and the setting is like
junior high school or middle school. sometimes high school. at any rate i haven't
been to school in over a decade so those dreams always throw me off at how
nervous they make me. i'm usually trying to get to a class that i never find and then
i remember in my dream that i'm failing the class or that i haven't been to the class in weeks
so i'm failing. its always a really uneasy feeling and the school goes from looking
regular to looking and feeling like a maze. sometimes the stairs will turn into
treacherous ladders and i'm afraid to climb or cut across them. which is what keeps me
from getting to the classes half the time.

i also tend to have a lot of dreams that take place at my aforementioned aunts old house
which is up the street from where i am and at my other aunts house in long island.

i could go on about this stuff forever. i think i need a vivid dreamers support group lol
12676897, another thing about me and dreams is that i can recall them
Posted by SHAstayhighalways, Tue Dec-16-14 12:12 PM
like i do regular memories. i remember my dreams the majority of the time and
i literally can just 'think' and remember a dream from as far back as adolescence.
12677387, Me too... I can remember dreams from childhood
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue Dec-16-14 04:25 PM
when I was 8 I made a milk carton shoot lazers in a dream

I also remember riding a rollercoster and the track ended and it felt like I fell into my bed when I woke up.

my first dream about sex..

Once I get started on remembering old dreams I can go on and on. It's weird because my wife NEVER remembers her dreams and I could wake up and tell her 75% of my dreams the next morning if I wanted to...

12677803, good to know im not alone in this
Posted by SHAstayhighalways, Wed Dec-17-14 03:45 AM
i mean i figured i wasnt but its cool to hear someone else describe it
that shit is wild
12678437, do you have sleep paralysis?
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Dec-17-14 02:13 PM
I really want to know we can remember our dreams from childhood.

Are we X-Men?
12679212, i used to get it all the time as a kid
Posted by SHAstayhighalways, Thu Dec-18-14 07:04 AM
not so much now altho a week ago
in my dream i fell asleep and caught sleep paralysis
and when i broke out of it i was still dreaming
that was a first for me

and lol @ are we xmen
i have legit asked myself that question mad times thru life
but mostly because of my exceptional eye sight lol
12676309, running like I'm in quicksand
Posted by osu_no_1, Mon Dec-15-14 08:41 PM
That's the main one lately when I realize I'm dreaming

A lot of being late for something, of course the clocks don't make sense but I sense I'm late, I run and try to hard to move quickly but it's like I run so slow it's so frustrating

Used to always have one of a scary dog chasing me, catching me and biting down on my hand

It hurt at first then I'd realize my strength and energy flowed through my hand and I'd overpower it

Also used to have one of my teeth falling out or my mouth and throat filling up with some weird foamy shit

The worst are when something really bad happens that's so scary that I wake up, like usually I'm dying

Last one like that I drove my car off a bridge into water and couldn't get out

That was a nice one to wake up from, bad dreams always make me feel happy to be where I am

I do have a lot of driving out of control ones too, either my brakes don't work or I'm going way too fast and don't make the turns
12676856, I have this exact one over and over.
Posted by Sarah_Bellum, Tue Dec-16-14 11:50 AM
<Also used to have one of my teeth falling out or my mouth and throat filling up with some weird foamy shit

12676893, wtf does the teeth shit mean?
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue Dec-16-14 12:09 PM
I usually have a dream once a month where I can't get gum out of my mouth without pulling out a tooth.
12676900, Man don't even get me started
Posted by Atillah Moor, Tue Dec-16-14 12:14 PM
12677166, lol
Posted by SHAstayhighalways, Tue Dec-16-14 02:23 PM
12677189, it involved a cartoonish lizard, a chase down a spiraling staircase &--
Posted by Somnus, Tue Dec-16-14 02:32 PM
a she-demon the likes of homegirl in Death By Temptation.

The other involved a HUGE Pegasus and and a witch who shredded through hundreds of paper-like guards trying to protect me.
12677807, Onstage, soundin terrible and my set has two more hrs.
Posted by Doronmonkflake, Wed Dec-17-14 03:47 AM
That's my most recent shake sweaty dream.
12679217, last night my dream involved me riding a bike everywhere
Posted by SHAstayhighalways, Thu Dec-18-14 08:16 AM
thats new for me.
cars, subway and feet are my usual modes of transport in my dreams