Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subject1
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12675872&mesg_id=12676034
12676034, 1
Posted by Crucian1, Mon Dec-15-14 03:22 PM
are you righteous about it?

Yes. I drew a line in the sand when I was 17 in terms of my older sister. She made monumental poor choices as a teen/young adult and my parents drew a wall around the rest of us and as the 2nd girl my mom was not about to let her influence me. So from since I was 13 she's mainly been ghost from my day to day life.

In my late 20s I would see her occasionally but from 13 to 27 made us virtual strangers. Also life hasn't been the greatest to her and she is quite bitter about it. Since she can't blame my parents for it I make an easy target. She's spent most of my adult life throwing shade in various forms with the main theme being Her=black sheep, me= Ms perfect and family favorite. I'm indifferent, which is other bone of contention. The hater in her wants to get a rise out of me in some way, I usually say hi and keep it moving.

I waste 0 energy worrying about her/situation.

do you plan to re-connect?

I can't see why not. Only major family functions have us in the same room and the last time was well over 10 years ago.

is it your fault? Not even.

what do your parents have to say about it? My mom would have to acknowledge that my sister's choices made her feel like she made a misstep in her parenting and to correct it she made sure daughter number 2 never would think to color outside the lines. Other than DNA my sister and I have 0 in common.