Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectThose folks are out there and it's stupid.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12675654&mesg_id=12675982
12675982, Those folks are out there and it's stupid.
Posted by PoppaGeorge, Mon Dec-15-14 02:40 PM
One of the secretaries at one of my old jobs had an iPhone, husband had a sparkling new Windows Mobile 6.5 phone. She bragged about how she had bought her kids a Wii even though they already had a 360. She got dinged a few times by corp IT for trying to get around the web filters to go to FB, Gmail, and Youtube and I asked why she just didn't user her computer at home.

"We don't have a computer at home, can't afford a decent one"
*blank stare* "but you have an iPhone, Wii, and a 360???"
"Yes but we need those"
"You do know you can get a functioning PC from craigslist for about $100 or so with a monitor, right?"
"No, if we're going to get one it's got to be a decent computer"
"I'm saying, a $100 PC is a start though. It'll be good enough to do most things pretty well."

At this point I was fairly disgusted. She wasn't the only person I knew like this either. One family had the latest phones imaginable, flat screens in every room, all manner of vidya consoles, and the only computer in the house was an old Acer with a copy of Win98SE on it so full of malware they didn't bother booting it up anymore 'cause it took something like 30 minutes just to boot.

---------------------------

forcing myself to actually respond to you is like bathing in ebola virus. - Binlahab

Like there is stupid, and then there is you, and then there is dead. - VAsBestBBW

R.I.P. Disco D