Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectdude i dread the day i cant
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12675628&mesg_id=12675647
12675647, dude i dread the day i cant
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Mon Dec-15-14 11:20 AM
to quote now-domesticated OKP deeborjam, "shit is like a chiclet, chew it up til it don't have any flavor, spit it out and pop in another piece"

that's how i feel about cities, scenes, etc. at one point i had my life split between four different places and right now i'd say it's more like two with several sort of secondary pied a terre type shits.

sometimes it gets awkward splitting time but not really. i kind of go hard with relationships (friendship, romance, family, etc) when i can and do a good job staying in contact from afar. my work is cool, shit half the people there are living out of a suitcase anyway (traveling and roving reporters). for me i do limited work travel and a lot for leisure, but the understanding is there about things like LDRs and weird schedules.

i think that is probably my biggest fear about marriage, kids, a contract job, etc. just having to be in the same place at the same time every day, each day passing quicker than the last. i see some of my married friends happy but only in a relative way.