Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectMy good deed for today...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12675016
12675016, My good deed for today...
Posted by Tiggerific, Sat Dec-13-14 10:40 PM
My daycare was giving away 4 free tickets to see Frozen on Ice. I have not seen Frozen. My daughter has. And my friend and her daughter love it! So...I entered my friend into the the drawing. She won!

So she and her daughter, and my munchkin and myself are going to see Frozen on Ice tomorrow.

I've seen Disney on Ice as a kid and I enjoyed it. But, wTF am I in for with this Frozen ish?!
12675198, When they sing "LET IT GO".....break out the earplugs
Posted by DVS, Sun Dec-14-14 04:30 PM
because the ENTIRE arena is going to be singing back with them.

The "on Ice" features are pretty entertaining but you can anticipate it being cheesy even for 8 year old standards.

Bring your wallet because the "on Ice" Swag team is going to be super deep and I guarantee your little one will fall in love with at least 5 items.

D
12675210, RE: When they sing "LET IT GO".....break out the earplugs
Posted by Tiggerific, Sun Dec-14-14 05:13 PM
It totally happened. The munchkin got a cotton candy that came with a crown and a snowflake wand. She was quite happy and loved it! 😊
12675440, Are plastic light up swords still a thing at these?
Posted by Doronmonkflake, Mon Dec-15-14 06:55 AM
My parents brought me every time the Ice Capades came around. Hated the explosions, loved the expensive completely useless green dragonfire embossed plastic flashlight swords in red or blue.
12675492, RE: Are plastic light up swords still a thing at these?
Posted by Tiggerific, Mon Dec-15-14 09:18 AM
They are wands now...at least during this one they were.
12675439, that shit is rampant. caught myself singing it in the whip couple days ago....
Posted by FLUIDJ, Mon Dec-15-14 06:39 AM
12675497, RE: that shit is rampant. caught myself singing it in the whip couple days ago....
Posted by Tiggerific, Mon Dec-15-14 09:20 AM
Nope. I'm holding out. Won't catch me singing that mess. It is catchy though. My daughter loves it. Which is saying something because she's 2.5 and she has pretty good taste in music. Meaning...she isn't into todays rap. Loves her some Tribe and De La though. Loves FE and Zo! And, I'm about to get her to listen to D'Angelo's new album.
12675530, i was told to dress up
Posted by labcoat, Mon Dec-15-14 09:58 AM
wildchild LOVES to wear princess dresses
but she doesnt have an anna or elsa
so i got her an elsa dress for Christmas

Our tix are for the 26th
im making sure that she wears her dress to the show
i am VERY excited