Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectthis is totally accessible imo
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12674188&mesg_id=12675153
12675153, this is totally accessible imo
Posted by cgonz00cc, Sun Dec-14-14 01:29 PM
Dont conflate the corporate controlled playlists of radio, with accessibility. Songs dont break because of accessibility, they break because they fit in with marketing trends. We've been here long enough to have had this conversation 1000 times and its worse now than it was in 2000. None of the music that brought us here 15 years ago would get ANY play on contemporary radio. Not TFA, not LWFC, not Reflection Eternal, not Lets Get Free, not Voodoo...none of it.

This is a funky, low key yet swinging, track that should have a lot of appeal across demographics.

Something i could slide up to a girl to at a bar, or that my dad could play in his ride.

I know you have talked about how much you like Disclosure, and Im right there with you. But the only reason a Chicago House / UK Garage revival album popped was the fact that EDM had been cresting below the level of corporate radio for like 5 years.