Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectyep. this is why we have to discount / incentivize it for kids to dl
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12672376&mesg_id=12672596
12672596, yep. this is why we have to discount / incentivize it for kids to dl
Posted by poetx, Thu Dec-11-14 01:04 PM
now. so we are going to offer a scholarship for anyone who pays now (as opposed to waiting until january) to cover the cost of books. (b/c we're trying to create that link between avg cost of books being $600 and syllab eye costing 0.99 per semester.

but yeah, we know its a dead time. this is tantamount to a soft launch.

>I know my wife is finishing up her classes tonight and won't
>return in January. If so, mid-January/early February is
>probably where you're going to really start seeing that first
>wave of growth. Classes are winding down for the quarter so
>you’ve got plenty of time to get people to hit the ground
>running after the break when everyone gets that next
>syllabus.

yep. we're hoping to get critical mass in advance by getting a good number of people to download in advance. but we know we're competing with finals and all of that.

>I'm also wondering if you’ve got secondary niche markets in
>the pipeline. You could tweak it to appeal toward either a
>general productivity app toward various markets with something
>as simple as a skin change with a few niche-specific
>differences or two, offer it as a separate product and remove
>the barrier of people assuming it’s only for those with a
>syllabus. I can see it working well in real estate, for
>example.

oh, most DEFINITELY. we even have some additional names figured out. i don't want to say too much but, yeah. there are a ton of alternate uses for this approach which dwarf the school market. we got two precursors:

a) revenues in excess of what we need to continue s yllabeye deveopment and marketing

b) additional enhancements to the base product (features which are on deck pending funding and development) before we fork off the app, so we don't have to pay for development twice or complicate mgmt of requirements. (e.g, if syl labeye does abc and futurebeye does abc, then we add functionality xyz, we'd have to add and test in both places. if we wait for xyz to be a part of the original app, and then fork, we make things easier for us and the developers.

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

=========================================
I'm an advocate for working smarter, not harder. If you just
focus on working hard you end up making someone else rich and
not having much to show for it. (c) mad