Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectright, right? he hit up nc A&T already and they were interested.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12672376&mesg_id=12672526
12672526, right, right? he hit up nc A&T already and they were interested.
Posted by poetx, Thu Dec-11-14 12:34 PM
lotta hbcus around here. have to get shaw, st aug, central, etc.

big thing is that he did some research showing that small increases in retention can save millions for schools depending upon how much they already spend on recruitment. that bottom line approach should go over everywhere, but especially at hbcus, with all the financial pressures most are feeling.

problem is that we're still working with the developers on how to approach the institutional license. that has always been a goal. like, why spend a lot of time selling to 75% of a 10,000 person freshman class if you can convince a school to buy a license for their whole freshman class at 80% of list.

that's where we want to go. we gonna need a domino effect for that one, though, like i was mentioning in the other poast, when cam went to ECU first, then the local community college, then nc state, then unc ch, then unc g, then a&T, and successively touting the previous schools on the list as down to pilot the program.

>this is like HELLO! perfect!
>
>young Black man, tech product, rolling it out...inexpensive.
>utilitarian.
>
>Hello, sir or maam. my name is Poetx Jr, besides being a
>genius im also a black college student just like your students
>here @ HBCU A&M. As such I have a lot of experience with
>syllabus and getting that information in a form i can use
>it...so much trouble that i made this really great app thats
>available for only .99 HOWEVER i'll grant your school X amount
>in a corporate accoutn, for use among your students, etc etc
>
>man, cmon. this shit is a gold mine

that's what we trying to get to. i'm working with the developers on how to implement. apple has an institutional buyer program and, specifically for higher ed.

what i don't know, though, is how one does this, cross platform.

if ECU has an incoming freshman class of 10k students, i don't know how to create or sell a license so that, say, 6k get it off iTunes and 4k get it from Google Play.

working through those issues

much thanks for the brainstorming, bin.

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

=========================================
I'm an advocate for working smarter, not harder. If you just
focus on working hard you end up making someone else rich and
not having much to show for it. (c) mad