Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectmy initial thought was to create a street team strategy.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12672376&mesg_id=12672505
12672505, my initial thought was to create a street team strategy.
Posted by poetx, Thu Dec-11-14 12:25 PM
i've seen kids (mine included) bust they ass for very small amounts of money). the idea is that if we can provide a good incentive + training + a product that is worthwhile, people WILL do this, and that will be an invaluable asset and support our broader aims of having a freestanding marketing organization.

one of the ideas is to use the qr codes that we have on our business cards (and, later, on promotional ish, like tshirts, flyers, free giveaways like cups and pens) to have students scan.

w/ multiple qr codes (and hte one we're using lets you direct to a different site per mobile device) we'd have very detailed views of who is doing what from where.

prollem is, per feedback yesterday with the on campus demos, is only the most tech savvy students even have qr readers on their phones or know how to get to them. most of them were just going to the website of play store. (got to get iOS up QUICK -- most of the kids yesterday had iphones).

still. we can adjust for x number of downloads from a particular geography or school. basically, we gonna have to find a low tech way to do it until we can get the functionality built into the tool.

>the app.
>
>Have you guys thought about an online demo/training for
>college interns?

cam did training sessions with three interns yesterday, including video taping them. this has been in our plans. the idea is, once we go national w/ the marketing, to send out a packet of promo materials (clipboard, business cards, flyers, tshirt for them to wear w/ the qr code on it) to the reps on other campuses. also, a link to online training material showing them exactly how to do the demos.

>What does the intern get in return in order to make sure they
>are motivated?

its kinda odd. my initial idea was the street team approach w/ ppl getting paid. (we still plan to do so -- just have to figure out the mechanism. one way is to give some percent of shares in the marketing company we'll create).

cameron came up w/ the intern thing because he knows folks in the business fraternity and they were really excited and motivated because the stuff that they do for school and in the biz frat is not really real world.

those folks will be on the short list when we are able to actually hire. but we will put aside some kind of compensation for these folks. also, there's a lot of stuff you have to ensure (including a mandatory percentage of training) to legally have interns, so doing all of that due diligence is helping out. the folks who participate are getting real world experience as well as a chance to talk to execs from other schools and be first in the queue when we're ready to hire.

we definitely have to figure out the compensation model, b/c goodwill and experience only go so far.

part of that i'll save for my next blog post.

>
>Just a few questions that popped up when I first heard about
>this app.
>

great questions. talking w/ y'all about it helps me clarify my thoughts.
>

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

=========================================
I'm an advocate for working smarter, not harder. If you just
focus on working hard you end up making someone else rich and
not having much to show for it. (c) mad