Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectWe need police who are from the community
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12671519&mesg_id=12671532
12671532, We need police who are from the community
Posted by imcvspl, Wed Dec-10-14 01:46 PM
Who know everybody aunt and uncle. Recognize who's the one with mental problems, and knows who's responsible for em. Knows where people work. Can call up a kids parent. Might even get invited to dinner every now and then.

Only way that'll happen is if we're raising community aware kids, and community aware kids would recognize the police as part of the community. Right now the police are coming in to police the community rather than be a part of it.

It's an ingrained process at this point and I"m not sure anything can counter it with out perhaps legislation requiring a percentage of the force comes from the community, forced community service for officers sans weapons, and perhaps some other things. But the police as it is right now, you send your child there and they will be indoctrinated into the culture, or get forced out.

█▆▇▅▇█▇▆▄▁▃
Big PEMFin H & z's
"I ain't no entertainer, and ain't trying to be one. I am 1 thing, a musician." � Miles

"When the music stops he falls back in the abyss."