Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjecti stopped talking about my personal life on here but this needs to be said
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12671164&mesg_id=12671800
12671800, i stopped talking about my personal life on here but this needs to be said
Posted by esb225, Wed Dec-10-14 04:56 PM
so i had to go to court about child support on Monday... now first off I don't think I should pay support at all bc well I take care of my son just as much as his mother does... so why pay support when ur doing the actual work... but the courts and world see it differently ...

so back in Sept went and they said i had to pay basically 20% of my salary... i was pissed i objected but they said suck it up and submitt ur objection over there and wait 3 months til we will listen to ur objection...

so for that time i was basically in trouble bc well paying that kinda money was hurting my pockets... i had enough to pay bills and put gas in my car to get to work... now the only saving grace is my wife is a great woman and we worked together... so we made due...

fast forward to Monday and they listen to my objection... and basically i said hey my son is with me 1/2 the month so this should be lowered... so court says u and mom sit in this room and see if u can come up with a number and if u do great if not we will intervene and make up what we think is fair...

so we sit down she says a number i say no and she says well you owe me bc u said you will pay my car insurance... *looks at camera*
now back story when we were together I signed for a car which she still had after we broke up... i was paying for the car insurance when she moved and we agreed i would do so for 1 yr after we broke up... and i would pay after school car and give her x amount of money every month... now a short time after we agreed to this i lost my job... a VERY good job... so I took a hit in salary of at that time 50k and then got a new job about 1 yr later and was still 30k down from my previous salary... now during this whole time i still cared for my son and did everything BUT give her the x amount bc well i couldn't afford all of that plus live... so i did the things i needed to do for him...

so back to monday... i say that has nothing to do with child support and it makes no sense... she says you promised me and now you are off buying 200k houses and showing off for the world... *looks at camera again* again what does the price of the house my wife and i bought have to do with child support...

she won't budge off her number i give in bc it's less but still high but not sure houw court will rule...

at first i was mad... then i though back to something my son said to my wife... "I am glad u married my dad I have never seen him so happy"

so if ur reading this as I am sure u are ... i hope the money brings u comfort bc I am happy ...