Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectEarlier this year I went on several dates with this guy who was really in to me
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12671164&mesg_id=12671271
12671271, Earlier this year I went on several dates with this guy who was really in to me
Posted by SuiteLady, Wed Dec-10-14 10:52 AM
in to me right away.

I liked him, but I wasn't as enthused as he was. I mean he introduced me to his grandmother, 2 uncles, an aunt, his mother, his sister and his niece and nephew on our second date.

Now, anyone who knows me in real life knows I don't talk a lot, I rarely answer my phone, and I rarely respond to text right away.

Of course this bothered him and led him to ask me if I liked him at least once a week for the last three weeks of our 'situation.' Anytime I couldn't be reached, or wasn't interested in talking or going out his feelings were hurt. We are going to call this man "Drummer Boy"

Now there is this other situation, with "old man jenkins" that has been on and off for 5 years. I don't know how I could be so annoyed with "drummer Boy" but be just like him in my situation with "old man jenkins!"

He never answers my text. I don't know why I even text him, because I know he hates text messaging. The chances of him answering my call is less than 50% and the chance of him calling me back is 10%.

Yet I spend my nights distraught with worry - "are we off again?" "did I do something wrong?" "what did I say?" "what about the plans we made, are those off now?"

I totally understand "drummer boy," but that didn't make me change for him.

I should be able to understand "old man jenkins" since I been there, but that hasn't changed much either.

I don't understand how I can be on both sides of the situations and not get anything from it. Like, I should have learned something useful on each side, right?

UGH!!!!!