Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectRE: Any okps ever been to the Winter Music Conference?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12670457&mesg_id=12670571
12670571, RE: Any okps ever been to the Winter Music Conference?
Posted by imperial, Tue Dec-09-14 02:58 PM

Its can be great fun if you don't plan on sleeping and enjoy house music., I usually rolled up on a friday evening and left monday. My routine was usually hitting up an afternoon session from noon to about 6 ish, got dinner, hit the hotel room to freshen up and then go catch another session from about 10 to well into the wee hours. Breakfast, sleep rinse and repeat.

>How were the parties/ vibe?

mostly outdoor pool parties at the many hotels on south beach all though the one year I got passes for a yacht party that sailed some 40 miles off the coast of florida.
Vibes will depend on your type of preferred house music. I am a deep house, lounge type of guy so I would check out for Naked Music sessions, Dj Spinna, MAW etc.. they were usually more laid back as compared to some of the other acts like Tiesto or David Guetta.

>Did you have fun?

Always, and each year got better and better the more I understood the vibes and who to check out for. All the acts can be playing at the same time and different venues so you gotta know who you wanna check for.