Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI give great gifts.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12670453&mesg_id=12670594
12670594, I give great gifts.
Posted by ChiBrownSkinLady, Tue Dec-09-14 03:15 PM
Current boyfriend's getting Bulls-Lakers tix. I'm pretty sure he'll love them since he loves basketball, Kobe's his favorite player, and he's never seen him play live. Meanwhile, he's been asking me what I want for over a month now. I think he knows me pretty well and the things I really enjoy, so I trust he'll come up with something good.

I kinda hate explicitly spelling out what I want when it comes to gifts to men I date. It doesn't have to be anything baller, just something that shows they've paid attention to stuff I'm into or something that references a shared experience. I'm pretty transparent and generally easy to shop for if you halfway pay attention to me.

But I've always given thoughtful presents to guys I date. First guy I seriously dealt with I got him a Miles Davis biography because he's really into his music and bios and he had special significance between us. What'd he get me? Nothing. smhlol

Another ex, although we'd only been dating a couple months by the time Christmas rolled around, I figured I'd make him something he'd enjoy instead of balling out and making him feel uncomfortable. He loves ginger ale and fresh baked cookies. So I made him ginger syrup so he could make fresh, more tasty ginger ale (and the soda water to go along with it), and I batched up a bunch of chocolate chip cookies into individual sizes so he could bake them fresh as he wanted. Did he ever use either of them? Nope. At least not while we were still together (which was about 8 months down the line).

Most recent one I got him something practical. He loves a ton of ice in his drinks, so I got him some better ice trays. He was really thankful and he made me a nice dinner and gave me an awesome backrub, which was about all I expected since he was essentially unemployed at the time.