Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectAny Okps suffer from migraines??
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12670431&mesg_id=12670431
12670431, Any Okps suffer from migraines??
Posted by ThisIs_ATruthThang, Tue Dec-09-14 01:46 PM
And I say suffer because the pain is pure torture.

I've been getting headaches/migraines since I was about 6yrs old. I've had all sorts of testing and medications. I've altered my diet, though back when I was younger I ate better than I do now! Lol

I've always had them and have been really good at "pushing" through but as I get older, I'm starting to get fed-up. They're a lot harder to work through and the pain lasts longer. Sleep always helps but now more frequently I wake up with the same one. I saw a neurologist a few weeks ago because I hadnt been to one in a while and left feeling pretty hopeless. She prescribed me three new medicines and pretty much said that they probably won't work immediately and there's a chance they won't work at all. ;-( She said hopefully they'll just stop on their own the closer I get to metapause. Gee, thanks lady!

I recently think I've found one of my new "triggers". So I think my drinking days are over. No matter how much or how I little I drink, the next day a migraine is sure to follow.

I hear my coworkers say they've never even had a headache before?!?! I guess I thought everyone got them. I wonder how life would be like without them. It really effects me. At least three times a week I'm fully functioning with a headache. It makes me short tempered, not as focused, and rushy. It's so bad I do tell dates right away that I get them so they don't think I'm a hot head or crazy.

Anything work for anybody? I do feel a little alone in this shit.