Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectMore Like Not Enough But It Goes Overboard With Stereotyping
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12669064&mesg_id=13306967
13306967, More Like Not Enough But It Goes Overboard With Stereotyping
Posted by Dj Joey Joe, Wed Jan-16-19 12:36 AM
>Or too many stereotypes?

Egg-Zack-Lee, it seems like those movies pigeon hold the writing to the point it's so predictable to where I just get bored, it's like if I watched a Lifetime/Hallmark movie, I already know the plot, story, & ending before the movie starts.

When some black actors get real popular, most go outside the gangster, thief, bank robber, hood rat, wannabe pimp, street preacher, weed smoker hanging on the corner, drug dealer, super sexy & body builder horny guy, girl chaser, type roles, but not trying to go corny on some black person in a hood horror movie though, more like how Samuel Jackson, Denzel Washington, Eddie Murphy, Laurence Fishburne, Wesley Snipes, Jamie Foxx, Louis Gossett Jr., Common, etc. they now do serious to lighthearted roles but not just the urban stereotype characters though.

The films they chose to act in has good content with a decent to great plot, not just "hey just fool around on camera" or the "let's make a movie about how dangerous it is in the hood" movie with no depth of characters.