Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjecti HATE apple, part 2 -- i couldn't upload the ipa from a windoze
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12666288&mesg_id=12673566
12673566, i HATE apple, part 2 -- i couldn't upload the ipa from a windoze
Posted by poetx, Fri Dec-12-14 11:23 AM
machine (i hate m$ while we at it. i hate a lot of companies, now that i think about it).

and could not upload the video.

send a note at 2am last night to the dev. they hit us back w/ a big bill to do all the upload and management of markets. i login this morning like ho ho hold up... skype w/ our account mgr. we don't need y'all to do anything for android, just apple. and even on that, not all that extra ish. we did the meta data (descriptions, etc). just need the icons, code and screenshots.

so that cut the amended bill to less than half. but still, yo.

apple fancy ass needs the icon to be 1024 x 1024 so the one we used for google which was 512 x 512 won't fly. so we need designer time (i can't make the icon more hd from a lower quality one).

also, i only uploaded screenshots for the ipod touch (bootleg, i know). there are 3 other screen sizes, plus the ipad. so i need the dev team to at least grab one ss for each form factor and upload.

the video for precious apple can't be less than 15s or MORE than 30s. so now the youtube vid got to be edited down from 46 secs. damn if i pay the developer to do that. so i'll do that tonight and email back to them, b/c i can't upload it from windoze.

and since this is a first submission, it may take up to 5 days for apple to review and approve.

shitshitshitshitshit.

dev team will be working the weekend to have uploaded on monday morning. and we'll have to pray that it gets in and approved. b/c apple is shutting down shop on around 12/22 for the holidays.

meanwhile, we got apple heads waiting to download the app.

*sigh*.

we gon get there, tho.

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

=========================================
I'm an advocate for working smarter, not harder. If you just
focus on working hard you end up making someone else rich and
not having much to show for it. (c) mad