Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectkeepin it 100, my son was, too. that's part of what had him
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12666288&mesg_id=12667679
12667679, keepin it 100, my son was, too. that's part of what had him
Posted by poetx, Thu Dec-04-14 11:17 PM
thinking about the idea.

this is his re-up sophomore year, he supposed to be a junior. he came out really strong his freshman year and then last year, moving off campus (i shoulda nixed that) + working (too many hrs, too mch responsibility) didn't end up so well. then he seized upon this idea early in last spring semester and put in more work on this than on his studies.

so we let him take off this semester to work on getting the business off the ground with the understanding that his ass would be back on track in the spring.

hence my increased involvement from about mid year til now. big picture, if this do what we think it can do, we ain't gonna be mad about a lost year in school. plus, the level of organization that this app (plus all of the other features we'll be adding) will actually be shoring up a weak spot of his.

i see this as something that is going to help kids who are struggling to gain a foothold and hang on, and its gonna help kids who are doing ok to bust it out. and its going to help kids that are already on top of things to really take it to a new level.

i'm praying that things improve for your daughter. it takes a LOT to help these kids through the rough spots. when to be tough. when to understand and back off when they are beating themselves up. when to step in with solutions. when to fall back and let them work through stuff. but we don't have no choice but to keep at it.

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

=========================================
I'm an advocate for working smarter, not harder. If you just
focus on working hard you end up making someone else rich and
not having much to show for it. (c) mad