Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectmany thanks, bin, and blog or book. i've been thinking about it.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12666288&mesg_id=12666509
12666509, many thanks, bin, and blog or book. i've been thinking about it.
Posted by poetx, Wed Dec-03-14 08:39 PM
>Its a fucking gold mine. Please carve out time to make a blog
>abt the ride up, this could really be amazing.
>
>Good stuff. Congrats to you and your team a gang of people
>wait a lifetime for one good idea your boy got his before he
>turned 21

actually, i been poasting about him for a minute. this the one that i used to play runescape with when he was in like 8th grade. and he learned a lot about business and economics buy merching stuff in the game, and even started his own company within the game called rune depot, where he would do tasks that high level players (rich) didn't have time for. then he would 'hire' n00bs to do that grunt shit and he'd broker the deals with the rich players. it was crazy.

he'd see a new quest being released, check out the raw materials needed for it and predict the market, and already have folks collecting them and then sell when the price went up.

at the same time, i told him about all the big ideas i had but never capitalized on, like inventing smartcash wireless ATM while at my job in a class, but the other dudes in the group flaked on me and i never patented it. and now you got google wallet and apple pay and all that other shit. granted, *redacted* would have gotten the money, and we talking like '97 or '98 when i did that (still got the presentation files), but still.

also had other ideas that were almost worth me leaving my company over, but w/ 6 kids i needed stability and a reliable source of income.

but he listened to all that.

when the check came and we paid the arrears to the dev company and we restarted development he told me that he remembered all of that, including thetime i came to his 7th grade class (before he was homeschooled) and talked to them about how my cell phone at the time was more powerful than the computers that launched the space shuttle, and about how you could work using your ideas...

and then brought it full circle by telling me that even though he didn't go into programming, he always listened, including when i told him when he went to school to keep an eye out for problems that could be solved with an app. and voila.

i was almost in tears, mayne.

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

=========================================
I'm an advocate for working smarter, not harder. If you just
focus on working hard you end up making someone else rich and
not having much to show for it. (c) mad