Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectyou already know. and btw, i need to catch up w/ you on that
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12666288&mesg_id=12666494
12666494, you already know. and btw, i need to catch up w/ you on that
Posted by poetx, Wed Dec-03-14 08:27 PM
other endeavor.

>The app itself has tremendous potential for adding premium
>features in down the road.
>
>In fact, I dare say you could turn this into a plugin machine,
>offering low-cost add ons/upgrades/insert marketing jargain
>here to the .99 version with the option of purchasing a
>premium ‘everything bundle’ out the gate at a higher price
>point, say $4.99.

right. one of the first things i did when i got involved was do a competitive analysis.

nobody really in this space. out of any potential competitors, one of the short list of names that kept coming up in 'top apps for students' was evernote.

but their premium version is like $5 per MONTH. and this is likely a subset of a market they already have. wouldn't make sense for them to play around with us in our price range.

we are looking, once we're out and proven and have all of the technical issues taken care of, at creating a lifetime membership that would allow us to get a multiple of the license fee up front. that'd be useful if we saw something we needed to build that was really expensive, or to box out future competitors by getting the cash up front.

i need to chill w/ putting too much strategy out there, but hopefully we can cop and consolidate marketshare very quickly.

>Further, the technology itself could become something of a
>Shazam level application and I hope you guys are thinking
>along those lines. The licensing potential for smart phones,
>for example, is mind boggling. It looks like a home-run as is,
>but there’s so much room to grow it’s absurd.
>
most definitely. and wearables. there's no killer app for smartwatches yet. if we'd have launched earlier in the year this could have been a boon for smart watches as christmas presents. we definitely gonna talk to the major players there. only thing they all hate each other.

>Well done.
>
>
thanks.

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

=========================================
I'm an advocate for working smarter, not harder. If you just
focus on working hard you end up making someone else rich and
not having much to show for it. (c) mad