Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectall of those (or variants thereof) are in the works. a couple of
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12666288&mesg_id=12666465
12666465, all of those (or variants thereof) are in the works. a couple of
Posted by poetx, Wed Dec-03-14 07:32 PM
nights ago i sent off a spreadsheet of our future features to the remote dev team for sizing .

listed out the ideas by category, revenue impact, usability impact, marketing impact, etc., and then with scoring for what *i* thought was more or less difficult and expensive.

they'll shoot it back to me w/ $$$ and times on it, and then we'll rank it based upon scoring, time to implement, and cost, to come up with a strawman prioritized upgrade schedule. and then once we're live i'll track the customer feedback along with our existing list and move stuff up or back, accordingly.

and depending upon early revenues and what bang we get for the buck, we can come up with a release schedule.

but you are exactly right in that the stuff is out there electronically a lot, or folks getting pdfs already. we're solving the first and most basic problem first. you can take a pic of your screen although that's not ideal, if its in the right format.

but eventually we'll have a full electronic interface and a way for schools that are down at the institutional level to send us the stuff and we'll put all the info on our server and kids can download it.

of course you got black board adn mo odle and other services trying to do the same. but that's different. and schools have not universally adopted that. we have a far lighter footprint.

Lord willing we won't need another financing round, but anyone interested inbox me, or let me know your skillset, because if this grows like i *think* and *pray* it will, we will be getting very big, very quickly.

also, i'm serious about the micro vc thing, too. if we end up w/ a lot of cash and a need to keep it all from being taxable, a 10 or 20k flyer on someone else's brainstorm with a 100x potential would not be a bad thing.

i know there are similar things but i've had some very particular thoughts in this area, having watched my son (and helped him) through the process.

local banks in g'ville, nc told him that pretty much the only business loans they did were for clubs and restaurants.

they were... structurally unprepared... for two young black men, in college, with a technical business idea.

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

=========================================
I'm an advocate for working smarter, not harder. If you just
focus on working hard you end up making someone else rich and
not having much to show for it. (c) mad