Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectThe solution is to build
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12665994&mesg_id=12666825
12666825, The solution is to build
Posted by imcvspl, Thu Dec-04-14 10:32 AM
...mechanisms that hold them accountable while they are in office.

Right now I say instead of protesting in the street, we should be doing sit-ins in their offices, on their front lawns. Scale now because of the issues at hand but this is in general. Folk need to talk to their representatives and let them know how they feel and want to be represented.

But that's on the ground action which isn't guaranteed any success yet, because the infrastructure isn't there to back it up. The infrastructure that's needed is a way for the public to go on record with their interests, not just their votes. We vote for people and expect those people to represent our interests but never get to say what those interests are.

So we need the mechanism to officially record our interests and have our representatives go on record with their stance on those interests/issues. They are then elected directly because they fall in line with our interests. Then once they are elected they can be held accountable. If a bill comes up and they vote against our interests, sit in on their office and on their lawn with the paper trail detailing they are not representing our interest as we voted.

Hold them accountable while in office.

This is just tip of the iceberg. It's a lot of work to be done. Voting alone is not going to fix a 200+ year old system that protects itself over the people.

█▆▇▅▇█▇▆▄▁▃
Big PEMFin H & z's
"I ain't no entertainer, and ain't trying to be one. I am 1 thing, a musician." � Miles

"When the music stops he falls back in the abyss."