Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectRE: Sooner or later we're going to have to come to reality and realize...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12665994&mesg_id=12666341
12666341, RE: Sooner or later we're going to have to come to reality and realize...
Posted by BlassFemur, Wed Dec-03-14 05:28 PM
>
>I didn't ignore the problems nor did I place the blame on
>black people, sorry if I wasn't clear. I just think the
>disinterest in civics makes what you mentioned more possible.
>But prime evil is prime evil and the bad voting machines and
>other forms of voter suppression are not our fault and those
>who push them are doing evil things but I DO think we've got
>more power at the ballot box than we use.
>

I feel like people go straight to "We need to vote more" and don't look at why, as you say, people are disinterested in voting. It's cause it doesn't apply to them. If it applied to everyone and worked for everyone, then everyone would participate. I don't understand why this is so hard for people to grasp. And we don't have any power at the ballot box. There's absolutely nothing to support that aside from statistics on how the process should theoretically work...without all their roadblocks and bullshit. The voting process...at it stands now...is severely broken on purpose. And as with everything else in America, it's skewed toward white people and rich people.

I mean, if black people want to continue voting and waiting on change, then there's nothing I can do about that. But black people need to remember, we vote largely for Democrats every time and a lot of the problems happening now are on the Democrat's watch. So if the solution is to continue voting (but just in larger numbers), I'm curious to what the plan is and who we're supposed to be voting for to remedy these issues. To me, this is the problem. Cause I know there aren't any answers to that question.

Cause a few years ago it was Obama, even though people will lie today and say they didn't expect anything from him. He's the perfect example of why voting is bullshit in this country. There's no accountability when a person presents himself/ herself as something they're not...then do the complete opposite while in power. Even when they're trampling the constitution and committing war crimes daily.