Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectMizuno Wave Paradox, New Balances, Brooks Dyad, Asics Gel Evolution
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12665481&mesg_id=12682802
12682802, Mizuno Wave Paradox, New Balances, Brooks Dyad, Asics Gel Evolution
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Mon Dec-22-14 08:48 PM
New Balances are the best for sure, they go up to 4E in most and 6E in some models. I thought the 1010 series was great and can be found for cheap. 1220 series also. 1906 and 2002 were great, I think both went to 6E and for sure 4E. I have not been as into their recent stuff, too many shifts in their stuff for me to keep track of and all of it is boring aesthetically. Some of the boutique stuff is cool looking but it's all overpriced and mostly outdated.

Mizuno Wave Paradox runs wide and may come in an even wider 2E, I forget. Most Mizunos don't run in widths (Wave Rider and Aspire, not sure about any others and even those are 2E).

Brooks has a series called the Dyad that runs up to 4E at least. They are also engineered to better accommodate orthotics and inserts. I had the fourth edition of the shoe, really nice shoe. The Beast is also a classic for wide footers. The Ariel is the womens version (which also runs up to 2E at least and often winds up being cheaper).

Under Armour makes tactical boots up to 4E and they are pretty sneaker-y.

Asics makes some 2E stuff but I find much it runs narrow to begin with. One Asics Model I would recommend very highly that comes in 4E and I believe 6E also is the Gel Evolution 6. Rare shoe with serious support/motion control that is also very soft. Honestly it might be the most comfortable shoe I have ever owned.