Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectRE: ive always rocked mizuno, some of the best running shoes period
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12665481&mesg_id=12665499
12665499, RE: ive always rocked mizuno, some of the best running shoes period
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Wed Dec-03-14 12:26 AM
>they also make amazing soccer shoes. their cleats are top
>notch.

yeah they make great golf clubs, too, just a cool company with a nice niche. i was hoping their running shoes would blow up but i think they have stalled a little after making a lot of progress. i think they have some great series though like the ultima, the enigma and the nirvana. as gimmicky shoes go, the prophecy is cool and now they are affordable (i see them as low as $70 now).

>Ok so its not weird that i like the XX9, cause i felt weird
>about that.
>i also really like the M10's. If i played ball at all these
>days id probably be getting a pair of the melo's that are
>always on sale somewhere.

i thought the M10 would be cool because i liked the xx8 and to a lesser extent the xx8 SE but i thought they were disappointing. lots of touches that made them worse than those other nearly identical models (same sole). the heel counter was a minus for me and i felt like they were *slightly* narrower but i really felt it because if that weird little nub under the lateral side of those soles (it goes away after one or two wears with the other models). i also thought the uppers were crappier, they looked cool but wrinkled and wore worse. i would get the XX8 SE or just a regular pair of XX8s is even better.

>we've discussed this before but you know i love the lebron
>8-10's. I only have the green 10 elites. i really wont pay >
>retail on my shoes right now except the one or two jordan
>releases. maybe if i get this promotion next year ill go snag
>the lebrons i got my eye on.

yeah i saw the green 10 elites at a nike outlet for 110 the other day almost picked up another pair. i thought the crimson ones were the best, the toe material was slightly different than the other models and it made a big difference. incredible fit, my favorite single lebron ever. i got several ID pairs, a Clippers pair I wore yesterday, a funky bright orange pair, a white/teal/pink pair i havent wore yet, some black/red ones, etc. i am in the market for more.

i loved the lebron 11 but the 11 elite was trash. the lining was a cool idea but the hyperposite material and overall makeup left a lot to be desired. i got some lebron 12s but like the 11 elite they were annoyingly narrow near the ball of the foot and so i returned them. i also tried the running shoes with the same zoom setup. it has potential but i think reebok's podular cushioning systems are much better, as is mizuno's infinity wave plate or whatever that's called on the prophecy.