Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectwell this is my intention at the moment:
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12664319&mesg_id=12728946
12728946, well this is my intention at the moment:
Posted by Mr. ManC, Tue Feb-17-15 12:12 PM
the landlord has posed the initial stance that they won't accept any payments unless it is in court.

To me I will always fall back on that. I am going to be saving money, in the amount of my rent, so it will appear that I am doing that in good faith.

However, whenever the landlord pressures me about rent:

1. I can volley it back to them regarding a court date
2. I can show that an organization is waiting to make the back payment IF they can put the case in the appropriate court.

....except they can't. So it should end up in this merry go round scenario where I keep stacking, they keep asking, and I keep deferring to the court (since THEY insisted that). After a bit I can just up and move and they will have no ground for back rent.

Plus I know these guys well enough from dealing with my boss. Aint no goons. There are like 45 units, and like maybe 3 people are living rent free. They are going to rock the boat too much and risk the 40 units they do collect on. Meanwhile, I'll stay under the radar and keep my plan going and should leave with about $8,000, much improved credit, and a glowing recommendation from my landlord.