Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectYou don't think more info=more accurate opinions?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12663785&mesg_id=12665382
12665382, You don't think more info=more accurate opinions?
Posted by Cold Truth, Tue Dec-02-14 06:52 PM
General info=general opinion
More info=more accurate opinion, at least in terms of your version of events (not implying you're lying or anything, just that this is your side of the story)

The reason being is more factors are considered when forming an opinion, thus you would receive opinions that take much more of your situation into account. Of course, as you noted, we're only talking about your side here.

A *truly* accurate opinion of the entire situation would obviously require an in depth discussion with both of you. Ted Gee got it right, but only in terms of the general rules of engagement; he still acknowledged that different circumstances would lead to different conclusions.

I think the real answer to your real question- whether or not it's wrong to force friendship upon this particular guy- is best obtained via your friend himself. You should ask him how he feels. Personally I think the best overall course for YOU is to place him at arms length, because I do believe there is some selfishness at play and these situations have a way of getting more complicated than intended.