Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectNot always.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12663785&mesg_id=12664067
12664067, Not always.
Posted by Cold Truth, Mon Dec-01-14 02:45 PM
It always baffles me how people assign sole responsibility in these situations to one party. Some people purposely keep that unrequited love around like a groupie, just someone there to validate and lean on. I’ve seen- and, unfortunately, played both parts this play in my day- many occasions where the object of affection gives just enough hope to string along the unrequited party indefinitely. Very few people are open, honest and consistently clear in their boundaries that these situations don’t wind up with both sides contributing to the eventual mess. Often enough, one person won’t give up the ghost while the other strives to keep the ball in play just enough to soak up some adoration and validation.

I have a hard time seeing any

of them as victims, but I have equal difficulty viewing either as an innocent party. In a situation where one person is crystal clear, doesn’t court added affection, doesn’t throw out mixed signals, doesn’t try to do cute shit like cuddle or sleep in the same bed or whatever, and the other keeps putting in that bid? I agree completely. The simple fact though is that plenty of people play the game and pull an awe shux, WHO ME? when their card is pulled.