Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectFirst of all, you did not answer my ???...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12660888&mesg_id=12661762
12661762, First of all, you did not answer my ???...
Posted by Brownsugar, Wed Nov-26-14 05:00 PM
I'll ask you again, would you rent your building to all African Americans???

>So, despite being black yourself and not demonstrating the
>characteristics you're concerned about, you're going to solely
>attribute said characteristics to the people being black?

***Yup!!! But I would be just like any other reluctant renter, I would not tell them that they couldn't live on my property because I suspect that they could be problematic because they are African Americans. From what I have seen and experienced amongst my own people, yes they would be the last people that I would rent to. I am not saying that there would not be problems of other races. Some people may not be a threat to your building other than the fact that they might not pay rent. If I had a 10 unit building, I would probably rent to 1 Black family but I would have to check them out very thoroughly. They would have to have been employed for so many years, no criminal history at all and I would have to visit their current home before I would rent to them. All of the other races of people are capable as being a problem to rent to but really, as long as the other races are working people, I see less of a problem to rent to them. I believe an enemy is an enemy and a bullet and or a fight is what it is, in other words I prefer to be around other races of people that really don't care for me or my Black people but they mind their own business and I am able to mind my own business. When African Americans come to our neighborhood, another Black person is who they try to attach themselves to, I believe it is more of a safe zone for them. They seem to be afraid to approach other cultures because they don't know anything about them. Most of the Whites in my neighborhood don't even speak to me and that is fine because I like them just as much as they like me, it's all good as long as they mind their own business and I never have problems with them.

>It's
>never occurred to you that those individuals may be
>problematic, not the entire race? Wow.

***Yes, I do understand that we as African American people have had a very rough road in life to survive and we still have a hard time surviving. I am not a counselor nor am I a trained social worker so NO!!!

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE African American people. We are a very physically beautiful race of people that come in all shades and types. We are very creative and talented much more than most other races of people but we are the most destructive and have more "crabs in the barrel" type of people in our race than any others that I have seen.

It seems like through the years of our struggling for equality and being mistreated by the system, a lot of African Americans have become more independent and are not willing to support a Black person that is trying to accomplish something in life. We disgrace ourselves in all aspects of life including the media, a lot of Blacks give a bad impression of our race in all kinds of ways.

My dream in life is to help young Black children, but I don't mind helping children of any race. I wish that I could provide funds to form organizations to help educate them in the proper manner so that they can become productive adults but that is not easy to do either because there is always another African American person to tear down the walls that you may try to build. I have tried on a lower level and it didn't work so I still try to help Black children on a more individual level. I will give you just one example:

I used to volunteer at an after school, I think it was like 5th grade to 8th grade. I had a very good relationship with the children of all races. There was Blacks, Hispanics and Whites working at this school. Sometimes, if the children would get unruly or out of order they would call me to go into the classroom and calm them down and get the kids back in order. I do have a way with animals and children :-) :-) :-) !!! The lady that I worked for would give me candy & small gifts to the children if they behaved themselves. I would come in the class room eating candy and you can believe when I came in the class with a candy bar in my mouth and they would see the bag of candy and gifts that I had, you could hear a pin drop in the class room. One day, one of the Black volunteers came to me and said in a joking manner..."You really have a way with the students??? I would truly hope that you are not a child molester :D :D :D !!!" and I responded to her with a very sincere & serious look and told her, "If I even have a dream that somebody thought that way about me, I would never come back again!!!" It couldn't be any of that MJ child molestation shit with me, fuck them and their kids, folx ain't worth it x( x( x( !!! I did stay and finish the semester working with the children but I would get funny looks from some of the other volunteers when they would call me to help them get the students under control. After the semester was over, I never went back to help out at that school again.

Nope, African Americans really need to get themselves together. I really don't see very much to do but to leave most of them alone :( :( :( !!!

♥ :* I LUV ALL A' Y'ALL!!! :7 !!! :* ♥