Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectFirst of all, I think African Americans need to make...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12660888&mesg_id=12661572
12661572, First of all, I think African Americans need to make...
Posted by Brownsugar, Wed Nov-26-14 01:34 PM
a change. I live in a neighborhood where there is all types of races of people, African Americans, Whites, Spanish, Jamaicans, etc. I have been living in this type of environment for over 20 years and the only people that I have a problem with is the African Americans. AA's, they seem to seek out their own people to harass and fuck with. I am not saying all African Americans. Even though we are the minority in my area, AA's are the people that I have to worry about in my neighborhood. All of the other races and cultures are more productive and concerned about working and surviving.

You can tell the homes and buildings that African Americans live in because there is always people standing around doing nothing, they are loud, getting high and the police is always called on them. They don't keep up the properties that they live in and love to harass other African Americans that don't participate in their activities.

Being an African American, I can truly say that I hope that I never have to live in an all African American community ever again. If I owned property, I would be very, very careful to allow African American people to live on my property due to all of the problems that I see that they cause. I have also seen owners lose their buildings renting to African Americans.

A person would think that all that we have been through as a race of people that we would care more about each other, instead African Americans can be your worst enemy!!! My brother used to teach at Fenger high school, (south side of Chicago) and he told me that the students would target the outstanding students for acts of violence. I am saying that if a student was on the honor roll at this school, his or her life would be in jeopardy more then the thugs and hoodlums.

First of all, you can't expect other races to respect you as a people if you don't respect yourself!!!

My own opinion about the non-violent approach is, sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. A person or a group of people have to make the best decision because chanting, "We shall overcome" without letting folks know that you will take things to a violent level can get you killed. Some people don't respect the kind, "turn the other cheek" approach, I have learned this from experience. Sometimes you can be forced to use violence because that is the only thing that the opponent can understand.

In the cases of violent protests in the past like Martin Luther King, Rodney King and others, it seems like the violent approach was the only thing that helped bring about some kind of change. As long as they were singing and holding hands during the Martin Luther King era, they got chased by dogs, sprayed with hoses and got arrested for peaceful protest. After the movement became a violent storm, a calm came afterward.

People just need to try their best to solve problems without violence but whether we like it or not, acts of war sometimes is the only solution, but African American's first must start to love and respect each other before we can expect others to respect us...Just my own personal opinion :-) :-) :-) !!!

♥ :* I LUV ALL A' Y'ALL!!! :7 !!! :* ♥