Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectJohn Crawford wasn't pointing at anyone.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12658654&mesg_id=12659767
12659767, John Crawford wasn't pointing at anyone.
Posted by Cold Truth, Mon Nov-24-14 03:16 PM
>Walmart, or was it Target
>you have a young black male
>in a highly populated public space
>and you get 1 call

That was such a different story. This kid is reported to have pointed- or at least reached- for the weapon. The cops just jumped him and that was that.

>...wouldn't you expect a flood of phone calls if indeed these
>individuals were going to shoot up a public space?

I dunno. Maybe, but who's to say everyone saw him with the gun?

>you don't ask yourself what made the caller think it's fake?

Of course I have. That doesn't mean it's a fake. The cops have no reason to give any weight to that. You're just going so hard on the subject that you've ignored the fact that I'm team #fuckthepolice and waiting for to see how this actually played out. I’ve called the gun a variable, not the end all be all. You’re on some blind rage shit here though so it is what it is.

>and how sure are you that cops even saw a gun
>the description I'm hearing, is he 'reached'

I'm not sure WHAT HAPPENED. I've said a few times that I need to see how this plays out, but again.... you're too determined to turn up. Much like the case itself, you're only seeing what you want to see and ignoring anything that inconveniences your position. If he pointed the gun at the cops or reached without the cops ordering him to drop it, that's one thing. If he reached after an order to drop it and/or didn't even point it, well... that's another can of worms entirely.

>could be they had no idea what he was even reaching for

Could be. Who knows. You're too busy latching onto my refusal to indict the cops *just yet* that you refuse to see that I'm just looking at the limited information at hand and, AHEM, waiting to see how this all went down.