Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectGreat, since this is the end for you, I can go on and tell you how...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12657517&mesg_id=12660692
12660692, Great, since this is the end for you, I can go on and tell you how...
Posted by daryloneal, Tue Nov-25-14 02:47 PM
this statement:

"but the police are the PROFESSIONALS in those situations and they have the responsibility to act like professionals. we can lecture our kids about the 'right' thing to do all we want but everyday perfectly great kids and adults act against advice from their parents and others. it's to be expected. especially by police. and b/c they carry deadly weapons on them w/authorization they have a higher duty to ackrite - especially w/teens."

makes you a hypocrite.

And you will have absolutely nothing to say in response.

Because yes, your'e right, there is a higher duty expected of the police as PROFESSIONALS. And part of that PROFESSIONALISM is acknowledging that you are dealing with a TWEEN CHILD and have the opportunity to influence a non-lethal outcome.

Because maybe, just maybe, it may not be necessary to KILL a TWEEN CHILD for making a move that is likely out of FEAR and NERVOUSNESS and lack of EXPERIENCE with dealing with police pointing GUNS at him.

So thank you, sit back, shut up, and accept that you just explained my point.

I appreciate it.