Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectEverybody was popping Qualuudes and popping them to others
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12657408&mesg_id=12658184
12658184, Everybody was popping Qualuudes and popping them to others
Posted by AFKAP_of_Darkness, Sat Nov-22-14 11:37 AM
It was like in the 1960s when someone could dose you with LSD without you knowing.

I think that what we are really putting on trial here is not just one man; it's a past culture... The libertine sexual and drug culture of the swinging 70s. Cos is just the face of it.

I mean... (I AM NOT DENIGRATING THESE WOMEN) so many of these stories feature a scene where Cos gives them a pill and they just swallow it. None of them can tell you what it was, none of them indicate being concerned and asking Cos what it was.

Let me ask you: has anybody given you pills and told you to eat them and you just did it without asking what the fuck it was?

People did act like that in the 70s, though. At least people who were "hip."People who were about that life.

And that's the thing I really feel is being left out of these stories. That context. I don't want it to turn into a thing where we reveal that these women were drug-using "party girls" and as such they deserved whatever they got, but man... back in the day, when you went to someone's private room and took drugs with them, it signified a *kind* of consent (I AM NOT SAYING IT IS CONSENT TO BEING RAPED)

A lot of these stories sound to me like casting couch misadventures, yes.