Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectThis is mind-blowing.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12628969&mesg_id=12663073
12663073, This is mind-blowing.
Posted by denny, Sun Nov-30-14 08:57 AM
There are so many layers to this. The CBC is NOT being gutsy in making this doc. EVERYONE involved with this has an angle....and the one thing common amongst all the players (Kevin Brown, the CBC execs, the producers and co-workers of Jian and EVEN the Fifth Estate itself) is personal ambition.

How many more assualts took place so that Kevin Brown could get his story? He says 'I would've shared the information I had with the CBC because this was "real"'. Acting like his treasured story wasn't as important as justice. But he didn't go to the police did he? If justice was more important than his story....why wouldn't he inform police that he's spoken to several alleged victims and share his information with them?

The producers and co-workers were obviously more fearful of losing their jobs than outing a serial perpetrator of sexual assault. I wonder how they look themselves in the mirror.

The CBC execs shockingly express that the idea that these behaviours 'may have crossed over into the workplace' was their 'red flag'. Excuse me while I throw up. Hey, Jian can sexually assault people as long as he doesn't do it in the workplace. 'We're not the police'.

And lastly, The Fifth estate accuses execs of 'trying to get ahead of the public outing'. How ironic. This doc ITSELF is an attempt to position the corporation in the eyes of the public. Make no mistake....this is not journalism, this is PR damage control. Essentially pointing the finger at two specific CBC execs and displaying a very contrived attempt to make the larger corporation appear transparent and objective in the aftermath.