Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjecthow dudes deal with this is interesting to me
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12628969&mesg_id=12635402
12635402, how dudes deal with this is interesting to me
Posted by Peabody, Thu Oct-30-14 07:26 PM

the ugly truth is is that we're all far too familiar and comfortable with this type of behavior. its just normal. we're numb to it, especially men

its like there are people who KNOW men are abusive in all sorts of ways and still have their kids around them cuz in their minds theyre like "no not mine, cuz im a strong man and i will kick some ass" but youre being a hypocrit right there cuz if they're in your circle than your loved ones are at risk period

this was really brave of him to write this peice. more dudes need to just address the reality of the issue, like really just ADDRESS it, get out of denial if society is gonna change. its not enough for victims to come forward. victims will always come forward, thats how owe know whats going on, its the rampant denial thats disturbing

like in that post about street harrassment, its like very strange that some men wont even acknowledge that sexual harrassment is even a REALITY, the reality of their daughters, mothers, of alot of the women in their lives. if they wont even acknowledge reality, how do we even get to the level of awareness where this shit can just stop

ionno man. great peice though. its a step in the right direction