Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjecttake it back to Sarah_Bellum's statement of purpose
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12557358&mesg_id=12558817
12558817, take it back to Sarah_Bellum's statement of purpose
Posted by imcvspl, Tue Aug-26-14 09:59 PM
"Buy no gifts for your love ones because...
This is how Christmas feels like for Trayvon's family.
This is How Christmas feels for Mike Brown's family.
This is how Christmas would feel for my family if I lost a love one to gun violence.
And this is how Christmas should feel in america until something is done about police brutality." (though I'd change that to the 'violence in our communities')

Or even your own "Black Life Matters" (though I might edit that to Black Lives Count)

Any and everyone should be able to be in solidarity with this messaging. Even the retailers. To not support that is anti-American because we are American. it's the type of spin that again doesn't get flipped back to an us vs them that brings the movement to its knees.

I know folk want to prepare for the fight, but I want to prepare for the winning without really having to fight. Of course it may still come to that but...

This isn't being posed as a threat, it's posed as a statement. If the legislature hits the floor the day before black friday it should still go down because the symbolic statement of it is still there.

█▆▇▅▇█▇▆▄▁▃
Big PEMFin H & z's
"I ain't no entertainer, and ain't trying to be one. I am 1 thing, a musician." � Miles

"When the music stops he falls back in the abyss."