Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI don't think enough has been said about our PAIN
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12557358&mesg_id=12558512
12558512, I don't think enough has been said about our PAIN
Posted by louie_depalma, Tue Aug-26-14 04:36 PM
I've heard a lot of talk about a "United" states and that we're an "american family" but when a family member is in distress the whole family is in distress.

This has been framed as a "those people over there" issue and many family members are pretending that it doesn't exist and going on with their lives. I liken it to someone being raped by a family member, everybody acting like shit is all good and then inviting the victim to christmas dinner with the rapist present.

There's no christmas for victims. Abby talked about those families deserving christmas, but no. What they/we need is recognition of the trauma endured and caring for those wounds. Eric Garner won't see another christmas. Lesley Mcspadden is going to have the worst holiday of her life.

The show must NOT go on. Our family can decide to stand in solidarity with us or party on like clive davis did at least they will still feel some semblance of what we feel.