Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectmy thoughts on not trying to force corporate hands
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12557358&mesg_id=12558401
12558401, my thoughts on not trying to force corporate hands
Posted by imcvspl, Tue Aug-26-14 03:33 PM
As best we can to frame this in a viable way we've got to avoid negativity towards anyone. We've got to impart a message of cooperation. This is something which affects the entire nation and so all should be in support of it, including the retail stores.

This cannot be about my (our) personal dislike of the corporate structures and how they affect the economy because that becomes a distraction. We don't wnat this to turn into a debate about supporting the economy. So before it gets to that we've got to offer ways that these corporate structures can support our cause.

Indicating that we will be holding christmas later and that they will be able to recoup the losses in the next fiscal cycle is important to not trying to demonize them in the process.

We don't even want to demonize the politicians despite their inaction to this point. Again why I would want to get teh congressional black caucus on board. Everyone can join this in solidarity as everyone has a role to play in it. The legislation put forward from this could provide the education and training that puts our youth in the jobs these places provide at living wages instead of at risk for violence in their communities. We are their employment base and so they should want to support us.

ONce we start making folk enemies the us vs them aspect of it spins the focus away.

Now this isn't to say everyone will get on board sure many won't but our actions will show the conviction and they will be affected indicating they need to work with us and lawmakers to find the solutions.

█▆▇▅▇█▇▆▄▁▃
Big PEMFin H & z's
"I ain't no entertainer, and ain't trying to be one. I am 1 thing, a musician." � Miles

"When the music stops he falls back in the abyss."